Linux backdoor
Bob
2024-04-09 17:25:38 UTC
"Before you get too excited, note this: The corrupt xz code did not appear
in any production Linux distros. If you were working with Fedora, Debian,
openSUSE, Ubuntu, or other bleeding-edge beta distributions, you had
something to worry about. Otherwise, you should be clear.

But, make no mistake: Linux dodged a bullet. Had this reached the Linux
systems we all use every day -- whether or not you're ever aware of it --
we'd be in a world of hurt."

Source Google search ;-)
Using Free PhoNews on Android
badgolferman
2024-04-09 17:41:41 UTC
Post by Bob
"Before you get too excited, note this: The corrupt xz code did not
appear in any production Linux distros. If you were working with
Fedora, Debian, openSUSE, Ubuntu, or other bleeding-edge beta
distributions, you had something to worry about. Otherwise, you
should be clear.
But, make no mistake: Linux dodged a bullet. Had this reached the
Linux systems we all use every day -- whether or not you're ever
aware of it -- we'd be in a world of hurt."
Source Google search ;-)
We use Red Hat Linux 7.9 at work. Is that bleeding edge? I doubt it's
even the newest release, probably a couple versions old.