Is it Just Me?
Socrates
2015-10-20 23:32:04 UTC
When I saw this piece I thought of the Chicago Mafia in the Al Capone days.

http://tinyurl.com/q9k2uf3
Bob
2015-10-21 01:04:27 UTC
Post by Socrates
When I saw this piece I thought of the Chicago Mafia in the Al Capone days.
http://tinyurl.com/q9k2uf3
http://preview.tinyurl.com/nno9fjo
"RUSSIA’S power play in Syria appears to be paying off with the
superpower making inroads against Islamic State and other extremist
groups, leaving its American rivals looking ineffective and highlighting
US failures in the region."
--
"You believe something, when you behave as if it were true."
...Christmas Humpries
Socrates
2015-10-21 04:16:37 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Socrates
When I saw this piece I thought of the Chicago Mafia in the Al Capone days.
http://tinyurl.com/q9k2uf3
http://preview.tinyurl.com/nno9fjo
"RUSSIA’S power play in Syria appears to be paying off with the
superpower making inroads against Islamic State and other extremist
groups, leaving its American rivals looking ineffective and highlighting
US failures in the region."
also:
"This week former US secretary of state Henry Kissinger argued in The
Wall Street Journal that Russia’s military action was the latest symptom
of the "disintegration of the American role in stabilizing the Middle
East order."

Stabilizing? Hahahaha.
Bob
2015-10-21 06:23:23 UTC
Post by Socrates
When I saw this piece I thought of the Chicago Mafia in the Al Capone days.
http://tinyurl.com/q9k2uf3
http://preview.tinyurl.com/nno9fjo "RUSSIA’S power play in Syria
appears to be paying off with the superpower making inroads against
Islamic State and other extremist groups, leaving its American
rivals looking ineffective and highlighting US failures in the
region."
also: "This week former US secretary of state Henry Kissinger argued
in The Wall Street Journal that Russia’s military action was the
latest symptom of the "disintegration of the American role in
stabilizing the Middle East order."
Stabilizing? Hahahaha.
Pundits castigated the USA for not learning from the Russian experience
in Afghanistan. I'm guessing we're about to see Russia enduring a repeat
performance in Syria, and again, with the exception of
military/industrial/political cronies, the USA won't profit from that
experience either.
Socrates
2015-10-21 06:40:09 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Socrates
[...]
Russia and the USA are to 'learning experiences' what a Lion and Hyena
are to table manners.
Charlie M. 1958
2015-10-21 12:24:07 UTC
Post by Socrates
"This week former US secretary of state Henry Kissinger argued in The
Wall Street Journal that Russia’s military action was the latest symptom
of the "disintegration of the American role in stabilizing the Middle
East order."
Stabilizing? Hahahaha.
Hey, the guy is 92. You have to let him slide for being a little
delusional. :-)
Skeezix LaRocca
2015-10-21 14:56:58 UTC
Post by Charlie M. 1958
Hey, the guy is 92. You have to let him slide for being a little
delusional. :-)
Hank is and always has been an idiot, regardless of his I.Q.

He and asshats of his ilk are what caused us to lose 55,000 men and
women in the Viet Nam war.
Freedom of religion is great, but I'll take freedom FROM it any day.
Charlie M. 1958
2015-10-21 15:10:02 UTC
Post by Skeezix LaRocca
Post by Charlie M. 1958
Hey, the guy is 92. You have to let him slide for being a little
delusional. :-)
Hank is and always has been an idiot, regardless of his I.Q.
He and asshats of his ilk are what caused us to lose 55,000 men and
women in the Viet Nam war.
I call it Jewish Paranoia Syndrome. Everything and everybody outside the
clan is perceived as a threat, and must be treated accordingly. Not that
Jews, especially those who were actually around in the time of the
holocaust, don't have a good excuse to be paranoid. But I've found many
(not all) of the Jewish people I've known have a world view that is
heavily influenced by a sense that they are surrounded by enemies.
Skeezix LaRocca
2015-10-21 15:31:36 UTC
Post by Charlie M. 1958
I call it Jewish Paranoia Syndrome. Everything and everybody outside the
clan is perceived as a threat, and must be treated accordingly. Not that
Jews, especially those who were actually around in the time of the
holocaust, don't have a good excuse to be paranoid. But I've found many
(not all) of the Jewish people I've known have a world view that is
heavily influenced by a sense that they are surrounded by enemies.
I agree, and coming in at a close 2nd in the paranoia award are the born
again Christians.
Freedom of religion is great, but I'll take freedom FROM it any day.
Fred Exley
2015-10-21 17:10:41 UTC
Post by Charlie M. 1958
Post by Skeezix LaRocca
Post by Charlie M. 1958
Hey, the guy is 92. You have to let him slide for being a little
delusional. :-)
Hank is and always has been an idiot, regardless of his I.Q.
He and asshats of his ilk are what caused us to lose 55,000 men and
women in the Viet Nam war.
I call it Jewish Paranoia Syndrome. Everything and everybody outside the
clan is perceived as a threat, and must be treated accordingly. Not that
Jews, especially those who were actually around in the time of the
holocaust, don't have a good excuse to be paranoid. But I've found many
(not all) of the Jewish people I've known have a world view that is
heavily influenced by a sense that they are surrounded by enemies.
paranoia:

a serious mental illness that causes you to *falsely* believe that other
people are trying to harm you

an *unreasonable* feeling that people are trying to harm you, do not
like you, etc.

Jewish Paranoia Syndrome is pure poppycock. All over the world,
throughout history, the Jews have been persecuted.

Would you consider Rabbi Yeshayahu Krishevsky, who mown down and killed
with a meat cleaver in Geula, Jerusalem this week paranoid?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3270379/Two-Israelis-die-latest-Jerusalem-carnage-One-person-stabbed-death-street-killed-bus-gun-attack.html

I'll never ever grasp the lunacy of liberal logic. Millions of
Islamic-motivated atrocities committed every year. The liberal
assessment: not related to Islam.

Million of attacks on Jews annually. The liberal assessment: the Jews
are paranoid.
Charlie M. 1958
2015-10-21 17:21:01 UTC
Post by Fred Exley
I'll never ever grasp the lunacy of liberal logic. Millions of
Islamic-motivated atrocities committed every year. The liberal
assessment: not related to Islam.
Million of attacks on Jews annually. The liberal assessment: the Jews
are paranoid.
Fred, for the record, I don't consider Jews in the middle east paranoid
when it comes to Islamist terrorism.
Socrates
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence
Fred Exley
My point exactly, which you conveniently snipped.
Socrates
2015-10-21 19:50:32 UTC
Post by Fred Exley
Post by Socrates
Post by Fred Exley
Jewish Paranoia Syndrome is pure poppycock. All over the world,
throughout history, the Jews have been persecuted.
Would you consider Rabbi Yeshayahu Krishevsky, who mown down and killed
with a meat cleaver in Geula, Jerusalem this week paranoid?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence
My point exactly, which you conveniently snipped.
You mean the part where you equate "liberal logic" to "Islamic-motivated
atrocities?" Sorry.
Fred Exley
2015-10-21 23:33:09 UTC
Post by Socrates
Post by Fred Exley
Post by Socrates
Post by Fred Exley
Jewish Paranoia Syndrome is pure poppycock. All over the world,
throughout history, the Jews have been persecuted.
Would you consider Rabbi Yeshayahu Krishevsky, who mown down and killed
with a meat cleaver in Geula, Jerusalem this week paranoid?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence
My point exactly, which you conveniently snipped.
You mean the part where you equate "liberal logic" to "Islamic-motivated
atrocities?" Sorry.
You should be sorry, dumbass.

Every time some muslim goes nuts and commits an even worse atrocity than
the last guy, liberals rush to point out some Christian false
equivalency, usually having to go as far back as the crusades.

The same false equivalency is always trying to be established with the
Palestinians and Israelis, the idiotic notion being that pretending both
sides are equally to blame somehow is helpful. Nothing could be further
from the truth. Let's call a spade a spade -then blow 'em all to
kingdom come.
Socrates
2015-10-22 00:27:34 UTC
Post by Fred Exley
Post by Socrates
Post by Fred Exley
Post by Socrates
Post by Fred Exley
[...]
The "dumbass" is the one who obsesses endlessly about Muslims. /So/
obsessed that *any* conversation, (like this one where we were talking
about a simple stereotype with no mention of Muslims, or a book that
chastises religion in general) causes you to start drooling all over
yourself, whip out the Muslim card and start blathering on about
Palestinians and Israelis and calling people names. You want to see
dumbass, (or an extremist) look in the mirror.
Fred Exley

Socrates
2015-10-21 17:44:43 UTC
Post by Charlie M. 1958
Post by Skeezix LaRocca
Post by Charlie M. 1958
Hey, the guy is 92. You have to let him slide for being a little
delusional. :-)
Hank is and always has been an idiot, regardless of his I.Q.
He and asshats of his ilk are what caused us to lose 55,000 men and
women in the Viet Nam war.
I call it Jewish Paranoia Syndrome. Everything and everybody outside the
clan is perceived as a threat, and must be treated accordingly. Not that
Jews, especially those who were actually around in the time of the
holocaust, don't have a good excuse to be paranoid. But I've found many
(not all) of the Jewish people I've known have a world view that is
heavily influenced by a sense that they are surrounded by enemies.
My experience with Jewish people (limited as it is) mirrors yours but
these days fear is big (media) business and we're all potential
(targeted) consumers. Uncle Adolf would be just another voice in
today's world. Probably employed by Rupert Murdoch.
Mark Warner
2015-10-21 18:00:17 UTC
Post by Socrates
My experience with Jewish people (limited as it is) mirrors yours but
these days fear is big (media) business and we're all potential
(targeted) consumers. Uncle Adolf would be just another voice in
today's world. Probably employed by Rupert Murdoch.
Bibi says the Holocaust was a Muslim's idea.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/10/21/netanyahu_muslim_holocaust_comment_germany_jumps_in_to_correct_record.html
--
Mark Warner
...lose .inhibitions when replying
Charlie M. 1958
2015-10-21 18:25:04 UTC
Post by Mark Warner
Bibi says the Holocaust was a Muslim's idea.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/10/21/netanyahu_muslim_holocaust_comment_germany_jumps_in_to_correct_record.html
From the article:

"Germany has stepped in to clarify that it, not a Muslim cleric, was
responsible for the Holocaust."

Now you have to admit... it's kinda bizarre when you can get a whole
country to stand up and say "Hey... not so fast, Bozo..... the holocaust
was *our* idea!"
Mark Warner
2015-10-21 18:33:41 UTC
Post by Charlie M. 1958
Post by Mark Warner
Bibi says the Holocaust was a Muslim's idea.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/10/21/netanyahu_muslim_holocaust_comment_germany_jumps_in_to_correct_record.html
"Germany has stepped in to clarify that it, not a Muslim cleric, was
responsible for the Holocaust."
Now you have to admit... it's kinda bizarre when you can get a whole
country to stand up and say "Hey... not so fast, Bozo..... the holocaust
was *our* idea!"
Yeah, it's downright unpatriotic! We Americans know better than to take
responsibility for *anything*!
Charlie M. 1958
2015-10-21 18:35:10 UTC
Post by Mark Warner
Yeah, it's downright unpatriotic! We Americans know better than to take
responsibility for *anything*!
That's not true! I'm sure if we ever fuck up, we'll be the first to
admit it.
Socrates
Amen brother.
Socrates
2015-10-21 17:29:23 UTC
Post by Skeezix LaRocca
Post by Charlie M. 1958
Hey, the guy is 92. You have to let him slide for being a little
delusional. :-)
Hank is and always has been an idiot, regardless of his I.Q.
He and asshats of his ilk are what caused us to lose 55,000 men and
women in the Viet Nam war.
Hank belongs to a very special club. They decide what needs to be done,
to whom and why. And..., they have the connections to pull it off.
Vietnam is just one rung in their ladder.

Starting in 1950 we have:
Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq. Those are the obvious ones.
What's a little more interesting is the ones in between. Like Gilda
Radner said, "it's always something."

http://tinyurl.com/ov5khsc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_military_operations#1950.E2.80.931959